Welcome to the home for datasets produced and curated by CAPPP.
Tracing the bill making process in an and data-intensive and visual manner. For questions or help with the LegEx data, email Nick Stramp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Code & Codebook (on bitbucket)
- Congressional Actions (zipped .csv file, updated nightly)
- Congressional Bills (zipped .csv file, updated nightly)
- Congressional Members (zipped .csv file, updated nightly)
- Committee Crosswalk (.csv file with several congressional committee identifiers)
- Bill Status and Location table (pdf)
Please cite the above data:
Center for American Politics and Public Policy, University of Washington. 2014. “Legislative Explorer Dataset.” http://cappp.org/index.php/data/.
$last_mod = filemtime(“/var/www/cappp/data/legex/actions.zip”);
print(“Data updated: “);
print(date(“m/j/y h:i A T”, $last_mod));
Congressional Bills Project
- Data available at congressionalbills.org